Precious Metal Scrap
London Chemicals & Resources Limited (LCR) is proud to represent RS Bruce in relation to the recovery of Platinum Group Metals (PGMs) from Nitric Acid plants and precious metal scrap.
What is Precious Metal Scrap?
Precious Metal Scrap refers to any discarded material that contains precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. This scrap can come from a variety of sources, including jewellery, electronics, medical equipment, and industrial catalysts.
Uses of Precious Metal Scrap
Precious Metal Scrap has many uses, including:
- Jewellery: Gold and silver scrap can be melted down and used to create new jewellery pieces.
- Electronics: Precious metals are commonly used in electronic components such as circuit boards, connectors, and contacts.
- Medical Equipment: Precious metals are used in medical equipment such as pacemakers, dental fillings, and implants.
- Industrial Catalysts: Precious metals are used as catalysts in many industrial processes, including petroleum refining, chemical manufacturing, and pollution control.
Disposal Methods for Precious Metal Scrap
It is important to dispose of Precious Metal Scrap in an environmentally-friendly manner. The following methods can be used for disposal:
- Recycling: Recycling is the most effective method of disposing of Precious Metal Scrap. The scrap can be processed and refined to recover the precious metals, which can then be used again in new products.
- Landfills: Precious Metal Scrap can be disposed of in landfills, but this is not an environmentally-friendly option. The precious metals can leach into the groundwater and soil, causing pollution.
- Incineration: Incineration is another method of disposing of Precious Metal Scrap, but it is not recommended as it can release harmful chemicals into the air.
RS Bruce is the world’s leading specialist in recovering PGMs from Nitric Acid and other chemical plants. With over 35 years of experience and more than 700 successful clean downs completed, RS Bruce has to date recovered over USD2 bn worth of Palladium, Platinum and Rhodium from clients’ plants.
RS Bruce offers both non-destructive and destructive clean downs of Nitric Acid plants. Non-destructive clean downs of operational plants use mild chemicals and non-aggressive techniques, specially developed by RS Bruce and extensively tested to ensure safe yet optimal recovery of lost PGMs. Non-destructive clean downs usually take place during scheduled maintenance shutdowns in order to avoid disruption to clients’ production schedules. Clients benefit from an RS Bruce clean down not only by recovering lost PGMs but also through improved heat exchange efficiency.
Destructive cleaning of decommissioned plant components is also offered. This can recover 100% of PGMs retained within those components.
RS Bruce uses a wide range of technologies and equipment to recover metals including Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium, Iridium, Ruthenium, Gold, Silver, Molybdenum, Cobalt, Titanium, Nickel and Copper from a variety of industrial residues such as Process Residues, Sludges, Filter Cakes, Filter Media, Activated Carbon, Diatomaceous Earth & Ion Exchange Resins, Filter Cartridges and Papers, Cathode Plates, Gauzes, PGM Coated Mesh, Shot Blast Wastes and Overspray from PGM Coating, Turbine Blades and Vanes, PPE & Workwear, Lab Smalls, Samples, Filter Papers, Filter Media, Plant and Equipment, Sweepings and Residues from Process Labs, Buildings, Concrete Floors, Wall Coverings and Roof Spaces, Furnace Slag, Refinery Slag, Flue Dust and Sweepings, Dentistry and Medical Wastes, Jewellery Scrap, Floor Sweeps, Electronic Equipment and Specialist Components and Connectors, Raschig rings and Support Structures from Nitric Acid Plants.
Please contact LCR to discuss how we can help you to recover your lost PGMs.
How Did We Do?
It is our constant goal to offer the best possible service to our clients at all times. If we have worked with you at any point in the past, please take a moment to visit the Google Maps listing below and share your experience with us.
If you would like to speak to someone directly about our precious metal scrap services, please call us on +44 (0)20 7183 0651 or visit our contact page, or contact us via LinkedIn and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.